Is your baby messy? Mine is! Not only are we hosting a $50 Giveaway for the Dreft #MessiestBabyContest but there is also a Twitter party coming up, AND a big nationwide talent search going on where TEN moms will get a trip to NYC for a photo shoot with their baby!
How MESSY is your baby?! I know I'm not the only one!
We are always messy. I am a self-proclaimed "hot mess mom" and I am not ashamed. What I AM ashamed of is how my daughter didn't really get that messy for this photo shoot. (There are signs there may be a neat one in this family once again, skipping a generation) ...but, we are so stoked to be giving CASH away!!!
Here are our TIPS on keeping a CLEAN wardrobe throughout the fall season:
1. Get some hand-me-down clothes to play in from your family, your playgroup or mommygroup, or the thrift store! Facebook resale groups are excellent! There is no need to choose a NEW outfit to trash a the park.
2. Strip the littles down to their diapers, and/or have a bib, smock or old clothes for messy play. "Did you know that studies show that smashing, throwing and playing with food actually helps babies learn?"*
3. Designate Play Clothes. Make sure you put the kids in their most rugged, wreck-able, hand me down-down-down clothes for park play, art project or a messy meal. Why add to the stress of ruining NEW clothes to your child's experience?
"And science has confirmed what kids seem to instinctively know – that playing in the dirt and mud is fun! But did you know that it actually helps soothe, calm and relax children! In short, playing with mud can make kids happier!"**
4. Use a detergent that is gentle on skin and tough on stains. Dreft Active Baby detergent helps remove 99 percent of baby food stains and other outdoor messes, is gentle on skin, hypoallergenic too!
5. Use a Dreft Pen. We use a small stain-erasing pen on our baby's clothes if stained before we wash them. I can rinse any harsher chemicals off and we can prolong pretty outfit wear.
Layers keep kids warmer. Layers keep kids cleaner. An old long sleeved tee makes a very versatile insulating layer as well as a smock or food splash guard. The layer used for messy eating or messy play can be stripped down to and covered right back up again at the end.
7. Suction Bowls
Give your kids messy food like yogurt in suction bowls that actually stick to the table.
Keep a good supply of bibs close by.
*Highchair philosophers: the impact of seating context-dependent exploration on children’s naming biases,” Lynn K. Perry, Larissa K. Samuelson and Johanna B. Burdinie. Developmental Science, Published online: Dec. 1 2013.
** “Identification of an immune-responsive mesolimbocortical serotonergic system: Potential role in regulation of emotional behavior,” Lowry CA, et al. Neuroscience. 2007; 146(2):756-772.
AND NOW... because I know you all want them...
1. Our Blog Giveaway on this post:
Prize: $50 Amex Gift Card and Dreft product to one winner 18+ US only.
How to Enter: via Rafflecopter below.
2. Twitter Party on Nov 14th 6-7PM PST
Briefly mention the Dreft partnership with Dr. Hes, and include two or more of her “messy baby” tips.
Where: #MessiestBabyContest on Twitter
When: November 14, 2016 at 9:00 pm EST
Follow: @Dreft, @iConnect Team Members, @MollyBSims & @GramercyPeds
Prizes - 1 per winner:
Prize 1: Dreft product + Swiffer Steam Boost ($50)
Prize 2: Dreft product + $100 AMEXPrize 3: Dreft product + Step 2 Sandbox with Cover ($50)
GRAND PRIZE: Dreft product + iRobot Roomba 650 ($325)
RSVP: Dreft product
In order to be eligible for the RSVP prize, comment on the RSVP page with your Twitter handle and share the flyer using the social share buttons at the top of their page!!!
Be sure to follow iConnect and @Dreft on Twitter & get ready to party!
3. Messiest Baby Contest - TEN Finalists in the Contest get a trip to NYC for a photo shoot with their babies!
How to enter:
Post your photo via the Contest website, or via Twitter or via Instagram - your MESSY (and I mean MESSY) baby photos on Twitter and Instagram or use their alternate entry methods and tag #MessisetBabyContest for a chance to be 1 of TEN Finalists that will receive a trip to New York and opportunity to be picked as the Grand Prize Winner (or cover baby!!!)
Contest is judged. See Rules.
She's pretty messy... but I'm not sure she is the messiest baby. Perhaps YOUR baby would be messier than this slightly sloppy little girl...
Think about it... you could win.
They are judging!!! Give them your baddest messy baby!
Kiss my mess!
I just give the signal when I'm done. This doggie has my back through every single meal, and is my person vacuum cleaner, my crumb sweeper, my ride or die!!!!
Done! You take care of the rest, doggie!
Must be a US resident and 18+
Must enter via rafflecopter below
$50 Amex Gift Card and Dreft product
a Rafflecopter giveaway
*MommyOnTheMoney.com is hosting this giveaway. Winner will be chosen and verified and will have 48 hours to claim. If winner doesn't claim within 48 hours another winner will be chosen. Prize is the responsibility of the sponsor, Dreft, and NOT MommyOnTheMoney.com. They reserve the right to substitute prizes for equal value depending on availability.